Welcome to UIL Accounting!
UIL Accounting Update VIA Email
Will We Have Spring Meets in 2021???
Many of you coaches have emailed me and asked, "Will we have a contest season this year?" Here is my encouraging advice: Practice like it is a sure thing. Because I really believe it will happen!
At the time of this writing, it is NOT planned for contestants to take the tests for competition online. It is possible that the pandemic will affect HOW we gather in person for the District Meet and beyond. We may not be able to gather in large groups as we did in a "normal" year. However, the UIL Academic Staff in Austin is dedicated to providing alternative, flexible ways to gather (likely in smaller groups) and to promote as much student participation as possible with safety at the forefront.
This will not be a "normal" year for our contest. But unlike last year, the plan for 2021 is to actually HAVE a contest season from District to Region to State! With no crystal ball, we just don't know at this time what "alternative, flexible" gathering looks like.
Look for the UIL newsletter called "Academic News Update" posted on the UIL Academics website. As of this writing, the most recent issue is January 2021. Also, stay in contact with your school's UIL Academic Coordinator for the most current information released by the UIL Academic office in Austin.
We are all weary of this pandemic and its affects. Many of us have lost people we love. All of our lives have been turned upside down. But we can and will persevere. Happy New Year! May you stay healthy and safe, and as we accountants say "stay balanced!"
Practice, Practice, Practice!
Start out the new year with a focus on preparation! Contestants should:
- Use the Archived Exams (on this site) to practice by taking tests from prior years.
- If the pandemic allows, attend Invitational Meets for real life testing experience. Please see UIL Set A and Set B dates below. If you attend more than one invitational during the UIL Set A or Set B time period, you may see the same test more than once. The host of each invitational meet determines whether they will use a UIL Set A or Set B test or use a third-party vendor to provide the test.
- Take fresh practice tests in your classroom under contest conditions.
- Be open and flexible to changes in the way the contests may be conducted (because of the pandemic).
- Be prepared so that you can do your personal best at the district competition and beyond!
UIL Invitational Set A (does NOT have payroll) dates are January 8 through February 6
UIL Invitational Set B (DOES have payroll) dates are February 12 through March 13
UIL District Week is March 22 through March 27
UIL Regionals April 16-17
UIL State Meet May 1
Coaches, if your school is unable to take students to invitational meets, please use the UIL Academic website (Resources/Additional Resources) to locate vendors who supply practice materials for UIL Accounting. You can stage your own "practice meet" or simply provide "fresh" practice material for your UIL Preparation Sessions.
To purchase study materials written by the UIL Accounting State Director, choose the "Product Sales" tab in the top menu of this website.
Look for updates to this website in the coming months.
LaVerne Funderburk, CPA
UIL Accounting State Contest Director
(Last update was January 22, 2021)
Did This Site Fail to Answer Your Questions?
If the content of this website does not answer your questions about this contest, please use this email address to contact the State Director:
Your input will help improve the site for everyone involved.