Congratulations to ALL State Qualifiers!
MAJOR CHANGES At State Meet This Year:
1. State Meet will be held in 26 different locations called "HUBS." I will be with you in spirit.
2. Your school must REGISTER and select a location by Friday, April 23. All of this is done on the UIL Academics website. I am not in charge of this.
3. Study and take along the UIL Accounting Handbook. Be flexible and adapt. I am not in charge of how the HUB contest directors conduct your meet. Coaches, be prepared to volunteer so that your HUB contest is run efficiently. If you have questions about how your HUB's event will be administered, you will need to contact that HUB contest director.
4. Because we cannot all be together in Austin for the State Meet, I hope to showcase some of the Special Recognition categories that we typically have during our Awards Ceremony. I hope to publish these on the UIL Accounting website. (Look to the left menu on this page for the link "2021 Special Recognition.") Any input you have would be appreciated. I want to start a new category of recognition called "Powerhouse Team" in which all FOUR team members score in the 300s and up (at District OR Region OR State). At District meets this year, there were TWO schools who accomplished this. SO IMPRESSIVE!
Message to STATE Contest Directors:
If you will be serving as a State contest director for UIL Accounting, please contact me if you have any questions about the contest materials or how the UIL Accounting contest should be conducted.
The contest materials are written based on the Texas state-adopted first-year high school accounting texts. Unless you are familiar with the content of accounting theory covered at this level, your interpretation of the correct answer to a question could be different from the one in the key provided by the writer of the test. So please contact State Director, LaVerne Funderburk, before changing the key so that we may discuss your concerns.
Thank you for your service and for your preparation to make this a successful experience for the contestants!
REQUEST for Photos
As most of you know, I am the official keeper of the UIL Accounting Photo album AND I have a Power Point of Champions that I show at UIL Capital Conference and at UIL Student Activity Conferences. Please email me photos of the following:
1. State Individual Gold Medalist for your Conference (1A, 2A etc)
2. State Team Gold for your Conference (and COACH should be in the photo also holding the School Plaque if it is available) (Be sure to tell me the names of the people from left to right)
3. Photo of your student who is a STATE 3-Peat (made it to State Meet in UIL Accounting in 2018, 2019, 2021) (Recall we did not have State Meet in 2020 because of Covid, so it is not possible to have a 4-Peat this year)
4. Photo of your student autographing the cover sheet of the 2021 State test because he/she had a PERFECT SCORE at this year's State Meet(s)
Thank you and Good Luck at State!
UIL Accounting State Contest Director
last update April 17, 2021
If the content of this website does not answer your questions about this contest, please e-mail me. Your input will help improve the site for everyone involved.