Welcome to UIL Accounting!
UIL Accounting Update VIA Email
Will We Have Spring Meets in 2021???
>>>>THE ANSWER IS YES!!!
UPDATES Dated February 10, 2021 and January 26, 2021: UIL has released the "UIL Academics Spring 2021 Contest Plan." The best way I can explain how to find this is to go to the UIL Website and Select "Academics" for the Academics Home page. Scroll down that page until you find "Academics News & Updates." It is very important that you read these two Updates (Jan 26 and Feb 10) that explain the testing procedures during this pandemic for District, Region and State. The Feb 10 Update has a very helpful FAQ section.
It is NOT planned for contestants to take the tests for competition online. The tests will be PAPER tests.
This section was updated by LaVerne Funderburk on February 11, 2021.
Practice, Practice, Practice!
Start out the new year with a focus on preparation! Contestants should:
- Use the Archived Exams (on this site) to practice by taking tests from prior years.
- If the pandemic allows, attend Invitational Meets for real life testing experience. Please see UIL Set A and Set B dates below. If you attend more than one invitational during the UIL Set A or Set B time period, you may see the same test more than once. The host of each invitational meet determines whether they will use a UIL Set A or Set B test or use a third-party vendor to provide the test.
- Take fresh practice tests in your classroom under contest conditions.
- Be open and flexible to changes in the way the contests may be conducted (because of the pandemic).
- Be prepared so that you can do your personal best at the district competition and beyond!
UIL Invitational Set A (does NOT have payroll) dates are January 8 through February 6
UIL Invitational Set B (DOES have payroll) dates are February 12 through March 13
UIL District Week is March 22 through March 27
UIL Regionals April 16-17
UIL State Meet May 1
Coaches, if your school is unable to take students to invitational meets, please use the UIL Academic website (Resources/Additional Resources) to locate vendors who supply practice materials for UIL Accounting. You can stage your own "practice meet" or simply provide "fresh" practice material for your UIL Preparation Sessions.
To purchase study materials written by the UIL Accounting State Director, choose the "Product Sales" tab in the top menu of this website.
Look for updates to this website in the coming months.
LaVerne Funderburk, CPA
UIL Accounting State Contest Director
(Last update was January 22, 2021)
Did This Site Fail to Answer Your Questions?
If the content of this website does not answer your questions about this contest, please use this email address to contact the State Director:
Your input will help improve the site for everyone involved.